Vaijayanta Tweets

http://twitter.com/vaichatt or Vaichatt Tweets

Google - DADA

You are Visitor No

Pageviews last month

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bengali Year 1415 on 2008 - 2009

This Nabobarsho (Bengali Year 1415), we (Gaurav and me) had planned a long walk from my Home to Shyambazar. We did as planned. We started off from my home at 10.30am and as we walked through Amherst Street, Surjya Sen Street, Bankim Chatterjee Street and finally Bidhan Sarani. As we arrived at Bidhan Sarani, I took a snap of Presidency College Gate. After that as we walked towards Shyambazar, we took pictures of all the Heritage Buildings on that road (I am going to post these pics later here) like the existing portion of College Street Market, Lahabari, , Arya Samaj Hall, Hardinge Hall, House of Swami Vivekananda, Bethune College, Scottish Church School and many more.

There was a big mela (fair) going on at Beadon Street. We had a good time there at the mela. Again we took Bidhan Sarani and proceeded towards Shyambazar. At Hatibagan we took a snap of Star Theatre and I charged up myself with a Thumbs Up with Gaurav sitting idle because of his sore throat. At the Citi Mart, I bought myself a Bermuda short and Gaurav helped me with the payment as I was short of money. Finally we took a snap of the Shyambazar tram depot before taking two big snaps of Netaji on a horse at Shyambazar Crossing. With our long journey by walk coming to an end, we took a bus to Bank of India at 1.30pm.

That evening I sat idle before our television talking cute snaps of beauties on television. Mummy had gone to fetch Bui from her friend Gouri’s house and daddy had gone to give his tutorial classes. Mummy even treated us with momo and chow from Momo-Hut, Salt Lake for dinner. It was a wonderful Nabobarsho 2008 for me and was the best Nabobarsho till date. Shubho Nababarsho to You All.

Visitors till this post: 5150 visitors.
Post No: 97th post

No comments:

Google - DADA

Google Dada