1) Jawaharlal Nehru’s father was Moti Lal Nehru and his father was Ganga Dhar Nehru. (source: http://jawaharlalnehru.rediffblogs.com/)
2) The Kali Yug started right from the moment Duryadhana fell on to the ground in the Great Battle of Kurukshetra in The Great Epic called Mahabharata.
3) Nine Gems (Navaratnas) in the court of King Vikramaditya (Chandragupta II Vikramaditya of 4th Century AD) are: -
- Dhanvantari – First Medical Practitioner of India and the world’s first Surgeons.
- Kshapanaka – The name Kshapanaka implies a Jain Monk. His actual name was Manatunga.
- Amarsimha – wrote the Thesaurus of Sanskrit.
- Sankhabhata – (info not avallable)
- Vetalabhatta – was a Maga Brahmin who wrote the sixteen stanza “Niti-pradeepa” which means “Lamp of Conduct”.
- Ghatakharpara – (info not avallable)
- Varahamihira – Daivajna Varahamihira was an Indian Astronomer, Astrologer and Mathematician. His guru was Aryabhatta. Both of their pictures could be found alongside in Indian Parliament.
- Vararuchi – was an Astrologer and Grammarian of Kerala.
- Kalidasa – He was a Sanskrit Poet and dramatist and author of Meghaduta, Shakuntala and Kumarasambhava. He is the Shakespeare of Sanskrit Literature. He translated Ramayana from Sanskrit to Bengali. He was a Bengali by birth.
Visitors till this post: - 3467 visitors