Vaijayanta Tweets

http://twitter.com/vaichatt or Vaichatt Tweets

Google - DADA

You are Visitor No

Pageviews last month

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Purnachandra Chattoraj - Hare Krishna Hare Rama

My grandfather's elder brother Sri. Purnachandra Chattoraj is no more with us. On Tuesday the 11th of May, 2010, he left his family and his disciples at his home in Burnpur, Asansol, West Bengal, India. He passed away in his sleep and did not wake up anymore. He did not have any children so he left his wife behind. He was around 97 years old. His disciples would be very sad because of his departure but due to old age he was suffering a lot.

I was fortunate to meet him only thrice in our life time. He was such a modern man with so much fluency in English that anyone would call him a scholar in English Language. He received his primary education during the British Days and that is why his English was so well refined. He was also a Scholar in Sanskrit and Bengali.

He was very close to my daddy, my uncle and my 5 aunts. They used to go to his quarter in Burnpur during their childhood and spend good time with Purna-dadu and his wife. They were so much loved in their house. Still my dad used to visit him 3 - 4 times a year when he used to visit Bolkunda, our village house. He also used to love his younger brother, my dadu, Late Pt. Sri. Sanat Kumar Chattoraj a lot.

He was an aesthetic person, a Vaishnavite and was always drawn towards the worship of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (an incarnation of Vishnu / Krishna). He had written many books in the name of Lord Chaitanya. He was also a follower of Prabhu Jagabandhu and Mahanambrata Brahmachari. He was active in worshipping name of Krishna and addressing lectures in the name of God. Source: (http://www.mahanam.org/centenarylist.html)

I regret I could never take any photo of him through my camera, but I am lucky to shoot his video through my dad's handy cam when he came to Bolkunda to attend the last rites of his younger brother, my dadu, Late Pt. Sri. Sanat Kumar Chattoraj which we still have stored at our home. I remember he cried a lot on that day and when he saw he hugged me and we cried a lot in rememberance of dadu.

I wish he would live long and wish more that his soul rests in peace in heaven.

Long Live Sri Sri Purna Chandra Chattoraj !!!

Hare Krishna Hare Rama

Vaijayanta Chattoraj
Pune, Maharashtra, India
15th May, 2010

(I would search for a photo of Sri. Purna Chandra Chattoraj and upload it here at the top of this article as soon as I get the photo)

Visitors till this post: 30757 visitors

No comments:

Google - DADA

Google Dada