Vaijayanta Tweets

http://twitter.com/vaichatt or Vaichatt Tweets

Google - DADA

You are Visitor No

Pageviews last month

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The President and me and the gap in between.

Today I had the honour of meeting THE PRESIDENT OF INDIA, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.

Even though we met each other, we were about 100 metres away from each other. This gap did not reduce. Even though I wanted, I took no steps to reduce the gap. It was honestly not possible. He was sitting in the stage of Mahajati Sadan, Kolkata and I was sitting on the seat that was close to the end of the hall. There were security guards and Black Cats all around him and amy attempt from my side to reduce the gap would have ended in burial of my intentions by the security guards.

The occasion was Convocation 2006 of IISWBM and I was a part of it. I was invited to the ceremony just like any other common student of IISWBM by the authorities.

At the end of the show I felt my self lucky to share the same hall with stalwarts like Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam (The President of India), Shri. Gopal Krishna Gandhi (Governor of West Bengal), Prof. Sudarshan Raychaudhuri (Minister of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal), Dr. Pratap Chandra Chunder (President, Board of Governors, IISWBM) and Prof. Ashoke Kumar Dutta (Director, IISWBM). I am really honoured to have such a wonderful afternoon.

No comments:

Google - DADA

Google Dada